Sunday, March 27, 2011

Assumptions

As stated in my first post,  I do not plan on re hashing content that is already available.  So I will be assuming that the reader already has some understanding of the tools in use and has a good idea of how exploits work.  If you are unaware of how the tools work or exploit writing in general, I would recommend heading over to Peter Van Eeckhoutte's blog  and reading his exploit writing tutorials.  I will make a post later with a collection of more resources.

I will try to the best of my ability to cover vulnerabilities that do not have public exploits.  This may not always be the case, if I think that a particular technique would be good to show.

I will not provide malicious exploits.  I will simply show the process of reading an advisory and writing an exploit for it in a proof of concept fashion. 

Finally, I am not responsible for any damage done to your computer or others while following posts.  They are meant to be purely educational for the reader and their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment